Things I love – Family, food, music and friends. So when my good ol’ buddy Chef Montu Saini, Executive Chef at the Rashtrapati Bhavan was in Canada on a personal invitation from Canada PM Justin Trudeau, I didn’t wait to invite him to my restaurant Khazana at Brampton. Montu took it to the next level by making it an exclusive dinner for the world’s top presidential chefs! #clubdeschefsdeschefs.
The hallowed guest list:
- Katie Brown – Executive Chef to the Prime Minister of Canada
- Neil Dhawan – Chef to the Prime Minister of Canada
- Cristeta Comerford – Chef to the President of USA
- Mark Flanagan – Chef to Her Majesty, Queen of UK
- Martin Kristoffersen – Chef to Her Majesty, Queen of Denmark
- Taigo Lepik – Chef to the President of Republic of Estonia
- Isto Tahvanainen – Chef to the President of Republic of Finland
- Bernard Vaussion – Chef to the President of Republic of France
- Maurice Alexis – Chef to the President of Gabon
- Ulrich Kerz – Chef to the Chancellor of Germany
- Ingimar Ingimarsson – Chef to the President of Iceland
- Fabrizio Boca – Sous Chef, Chef to the President of Italy
- Franck Panier – Chef to His Highness, Grand Duke of Luxemburg
- Christian Garcia – Chef to His Highness, Prince Albert II of Monaco
- Jose Roca – Chef to the Prime Minister of Spain
- Magnus Ake Rehbäck – Chef to His Majesty, King of Sweden
Meanwhile the franchisees, my team at the restaurant swung into action. The excitement in the air was palpable.My brief: Once in a lifetime opportunity. Nothing but the best in everything, from food and service to hospitality within the stipulated timeframe! And they delivered! From Signature dishes like Pakhtooni Barra, Harripa Paneer, Trio Tikka, Afghani Malai Tikka, Bhatti ka Murgh, Boti Tikka for starters and mains like Country Chicken a.k.a Puran Singh da Tariwala Murgh, Nalli Rogan Josh, Makhanwala Paneer and 24 Karat Dal to the perfect breads, rice dishes and exquisite desserts!
I am overwhelmed with pride, kudos to my team’s efficiency for the spectacular show. The wonderful feedback that I’ve been getting on a personal front takes me to cloud nine.
Thank you and keep up the good work! Loads of appreciation.
As for my friend Montu, you make us all proud!